Most Popular Questions
What expenses are eligible for reimbursement from my HCFSA?
Many of your out-of-pocket health care expenses may be reimbursed by a HCFSA if those expenses are not covered by your FEHB or FEDVIP plans. Typical expenses include:
- Chiropractic services
- Co-insurance, co-pay amounts and deductibles
- Contact lenses and cleaning solutions
- Dental care and procedures not covered under a FEDVIP plan (including crowns, endodontic services, implants, oral surgery, periodontal services and sealants)
- Eye surgery not covered under a FEDVIP plan (cataract, LASIK, corneal rings, radial keratotomy, etc.)
- Eyeglasses not covered under a FEDVIP plan (including prescription sunglasses and over-the-counter reading glasses)
- Hearing aids and batteries
- Infertility treatments
- Orthodontia not covered under a FEDVIP plan
- Over-the-counter (OTC) items (including sunscreen, bandages and hearing aid batteries)
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medicines and drugs (including antacids, allergy medicines, cold medicines and pain relievers) when prescribed by a doctor.
All OTC medicines/drugs (excluding insulin) require a physician's prescription in order to be considered for reimbursement. See our OTC Quick Reference Guide (PDF) for more information.
Please note: Insurance premiums, including health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance and Temporary Continuation of Coverage, are not eligible for reimbursement.